Tomás Gouveia is an amazing Graphic Designer from Portugal. With an eye for detail, his portfolio includes minimalistic work for print, branding, and web.
(All artists have to answer the same 10 questions.)
1. First and Last Name
2. Where are you from? And where are you currently living?
I’m from Portugal, currently living in Lisbon.
3. What’s your main influences?
Art (painting, photography, music…) — culture, nature.
4. How was your path until this moment? How did you start?
I started to design and experiment quite young. I would make up all these imaginary companies/artists and then design their logos and CD covers, among other things. I was 12 years old but the path I wanted to take was clear in my mind. I studied Visual Arts in High School and then went to College — Faculdade de Belas-Artes da Universidade de Lisboa — where I studied Communication Design.
I was 12 years old but the path I wanted to take was clear in my mind.
5. Where do you see yourself next?
Opening my own studio.
6. Knowing what you know now, what would be your advice for people in the same area?
To keep in mind that you will eventually get to where you want in terms of your work. Sometimes it gets complicated because there is a lot of competition. You have to find a way to look at all those great works in a way that inspires your own. When we start we feel very insecure about our work but it gets easier because we all learn a lot by doing and improving as we go.
You have to find a way to look at all those great works in a way that inspires your own.
7. Is there something you are terrible at :)?
I’m terrible at doing things and not planning everything in detail!
8. Tell us 3 things you like
- Funny people
9. And 3 things you don’t
- Jealous people
10. Last question, what are you listening at the moment (band, specific music or album)
The Cranberries — Dreams, one of my favourite songs of all time.
Follow more of Tomás’ work at: