Mateusz Polechoński (xypnise) is an 3D artist from Poland that specializes in lookdev and lighting.
(All artists have to answer the same 10 questions.)
1. First and Last Name
Matt -xypnise- Polechonski
2. Where are you from? And where are you currently living?
From Poland, currently living in Gdansk, Poland.
3. What’s your main influences?
Psychology, neurology, quantum psychics, greek mythology ,films, AI, future and all the things not yet been invented.
4. How was your path until this moment? How did you start?
I’ve started learning 3D graphics four years ago.
My first software was C4D and i was doing simple looped gif animations, but I felt in love with 3D very quickly, and started to work on my personal projects that gained me an attention. I got my first real job in studio, after fourteen months, from this point everything went fast, moving from country to country collecting new projects and experience, meeting awesome people.
(…) I felt in love with 3D very quickly(…) I got my first real job in studio, after fourteen months
5. Where do you see yourself next?
As long as you don’t choose everything remains possible” and i’m trying to stick to that.
But i have few goals that i would love to achieve in a near future among others some short animations, maybe my own studio, but hey! Who really knows…
6. Knowing what you know now, what would be your advice for people in the same area?
Work even harder, stick to your ideas, be creative, and don’t be afraid to make mistakes.
Experiment a lot, try to create fresh things and put your heart into your work. I promise it will pay off!
(…) don’t be afraid to make mistakes.
7. Is there something you are terrible at :)?
Answering the questions asking me what i am terrible at. (x
8. Tell us 3 things you like
- Sound of the waves
9. And 3 things you don’t
- Short days
- Hawaiian pizza
- Lack of inspiration
10. Last question, what are you listening at the moment (band, specific music or album)
CUTS – Bunsen Burner
Follow more of Matt’s work at: