Lia Bekyan is a Photographer from Armenia currently based in New York. She has a background in fine arts, fashion and digital media and her main focus in photography is portraiture, product and fashion.
(All artists have to answer the same 10 questions.)
1. First and Last Name
2. Where are you from? And where are you currently living?
I’m from Armenia and currently live in New York City.
3. What’s your main influences?
Art, music and space.
4. How was your path until this moment? How did you start?
I grew up in an artistic family and art, music and photography have always been subjects of my interest. Since four years old I have been trying different things to satisfy the urge to learn and create. From art and fashion design to digital media, having photography in the background as a hobby. Soon there was this turning point of realization that photography is actually what satisfies me the most – a media through which I can better express the way I feel. Basically I quit all and focused mainly on photography..
Soon there was this turning point of realization that photography is actually what satisfies me the most…
5. Where do you see yourself next?
Ideally doing projects that have positive impact on educational field.
6. Knowing what you know now, what would be your advice for people in the same area?
Stay true to your inner voice when it comes to creation and master your skills, know your tools eyes closed.
know your tools eyes closed
7. Is there something you are terrible at :)?
Time management. Self promotion.
8. Tell us 3 things you like
- To listen
9. And 3 things you don’t
- Winter in the city
10. Last question, what are you listening at the moment (band, specific music or album)
Floating Point — Silhouettes (I, II & III)
Follow more of Lia’s work at: