Jason Drew is a Motion Designer and Director from UK. Having a background in graphic design, he landed his internship at FutureDeluxe, fast forwards some years and he is now a Director at WeAreSeventeen.
(All artists have to answer the same 10 questions.)
1. First and Last Name
2. Where are you from? And where are you currently living?
UK living near Brighton.
3. What’s your main influences?
Art, design, music, feelings.
4. How was your path until this moment? How did you start?
I started out as an intern at Future Deluxe when they weren’t the heavyweights they are now. I was pretty lucky to get that break I think, my portfolio at the time was mostly graphic design (and not very good). Since then I’ve freelanced for some great studios and now I’m a Director at Weareseventeen.
I was pretty lucky to get that break I think, my portfolio at the time was mostly graphic design…
5. Where do you see yourself next?
I’m happy making my mark at Weareseventeen, they are a great studio to work with. Eventually, I’d like to move away from the London commuter belt and work remotely in the countryside or travel around a bit.
6. Knowing what you know now, what would be your advice for people in the same area?
Don’t chase trends or likes, anyone can make a pretty looking render now. Concentrate on design skills, production skills and most importantly be a good team player.
Don’t chase trends or likes, anyone can make a pretty looking render now.
7. Is there something you are terrible at :)?
Rigging…god I hate rigging.
8. Tell us 3 things you like
- A good whiskey
- Proper science fiction
- Staring at screens 😀
9. And 3 things you don’t
- The last season of Game of Thrones
10. Last question, what are you listening at the moment (band, specific music or album)
tUnE-yArDs new album is pretty great…also Death From Above and Andrew Bird
Follow more of Jason’s work at: