Gabor Ekes is a Motion designer from Hungary living between London and Budapest. After a few years freelancing for companies such as the Mill in London he has now been part of the FutureDeluxe for a few years.
(All artists have to answer the same 10 questions.)
1. First and Last Name
2. Where are you from? And where are you currently living?
I am from Hungary but I live in London and in Budapest.
3. What’s your main influences?
Since I was a kid I was really into movies especially science fiction, fantasy and also I love games. So I get most of my influences from those but also I love paintings, sculptures, and architecture.
4. How was your path until this moment? How did you start?
Well, it wasn’t an easy one. Lot’s of hard work, especially at the beginning. I was originally a graphics designer and when I first met with motion graphics I was hooked straight away and I haven’t stopped making animations ever since. My childhood dream was to work on movies and short films so I always had the hunger to learn so I can make my visions come alive on screen.
(…)I always had the hunger to learn so I can make my visions come alive on screen.
5. Where do you see yourself next?
The hardest I find is to always stay creative. Sometimes I would love to move away from the computer screen and do something else but I think I will never stop creating animations. Also I still have my dream to make my own short films so I am working towards that.
The hardest I find is to always stay creative.
6. Knowing what you know now, what would be your advice for people in the same area?
Never give up creating and always chase the fire in your belly.
7. Is there something you are terrible at :)?
I am terrible at speaking in front of a crowd.
8. Tell us 3 things you like
- Race cars and old timers.
9. And 3 things you don’t
- When it’s raining on my day offs.
10. Last question, what are you listening at the moment (band, specific music or album)
I listen to podcasts mainly but I like every genre.
Follow more of Gabor’s work at: