Victoria Roussel is an Illustrator from France currently living in Paris. She has a great eye for color combinations and she has worked with clients such as Timberland, Paulette and Google.
(All artists have to answer the same 10 questions.)
1. First and Last Name
2. Where are you from? And where are you currently living?
I’m from the south of France and now I’m living in Paris.
3. What’s your main influences?
I’m a huge sci-fi movies lover! But my influences also come from video games, the places where I’ve traveled, or the work of some talented cartoonists like Moebius.
4. How was your path until this moment? How did you start?
I’ve always draw, but I didn’t really have enough confidence in my work to start an Art School, so instead, I’ve studied communication (I’ve continued to draw for me on my free time). But one day I’ve had a request from a big music Festival, to draw for the festival a poster, that was the beginning of my career as an illustrator.
I didn’t really have enough confidence in my work to start an Art School…
5. Where do you see yourself next?
I would love to make illustrations while traveling and being more inspired by those foreign environments.
6. Knowing what you know now, what would be your advice for people in the same area?
Perseverance! You really have to work hard every day to become a good illustrator, but never forget to have fun, to be pleased of doing this job.
(…) never forget to have fun, to be pleased of doing this job.
7. Is there something you are terrible at :)?
8. Tell us 3 things you like
- The mountains
- Neil Degrasse Tyson
- The video game The Witcher
9. And 3 things you don’t
- Answering machines
- Ted Cruz
10. Last question, what are you listening at the moment (band, specific music or album)
Another Weekend by Ariel Pink
Follow more of Victoria’s work at: